Saturday, March 12, 2011

Foggy Start

So looks like today is the day. Bittersweet as we have grown to love Mazatlan. I realized I have not done much posting about the city, so I plan to work on a few observations on living in Mazatlan.

Waiting for the fog to lift, then we join 3 other boats heading towards LaPaz.

We are excited, and a bit nervous as we try to remember what we need to do to head out on a passage. I have been cooking since yesterday, prepping fruit, making soup and potatoe salad, it is much easier to have everything ready to heat up than to cook while underway.

The minimum it should take us to get to Los Frailes/Los Muertos is 30 hours, so I figure 45 hours is about right. Even though we have checked several weather reports, you just don't know what the weather is going to bring. Supposed to be very light winds, which, unfortunatly means motoring. However that is better than high winds and choppy seas.

Off to make one more water run!

No comments:

Post a Comment