Friday, April 15, 2011

I wouldn't have missed it for the world





Here is the link to our last leg from Puerto Escondido to San Carlos. http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0erIBM0uMFTif0sWNvrfZqN90UrvqWyxF We are at: N 27 56 856 W 111 03 354

4/13/2011
20 miles from San Carlos. Final leg, then home. Mixed feelings, sad to be going, so much left to see, so much we wanted to experience, see, do. So many anchorages we were determined to explore but didn’t get to. We have to remind ourselves to be thankful for experiences we were able to have, places we have been, people we have met. It has been an extraordinary experience that most people only dream about.
Songs running through my head,
It’s Over: Roy Orbison
I Had The Time Of My Life
I Wouldn’t Have Missed It For The World
I Drove All Night: Celine Dion (heading home to family!)
Back to “the real world” or a different real world. What will we do? How can we save enough to make sure we can come back. Will we be different, I’m sure we will.
I will miss:
The colors of the sea, rosticarias, the Mercado; friends I have made, quiet anchorages, sunrises, sunsets, sheer rock walls, rowing the dinghy, not wearing shoes, huge papayas, taking the bus, wide open spaces . . .
I am looking forward to:
Long hot showers, ice cold drinks, washers and dryers, green salads, ice, refrigerators, endless water, FAMILY, friends and church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment